The Shawnigan Residents Association (SRA) welcomes membership from all members of the community. Whether you are a part-time or full-time resident, the SRA’s goal is to represent the best interests of the community as a whole on a range of key issues from water protection, to governance and taxation to name a few.
Your SRA Membership includes:
- Voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting.
- Invitations to events hosted by the SRA.
- Access to promotions and special discounts for SRA members while you support our community’s businesses.
- Up to date media releases, emails and newsletters keeping you informed on key issues in our community.
- A voice on local community issues that impact residents. In turn, a strong membership allows the SRA to have influence on decisions that impact our community.
- Involvement in your community!
Becoming a Member:
- The Membership year runs from July 1st to June 30th.
- Memberships are by individual or by household. Membership fees are based on a voluntary contribution amount with a minimum of $5 per person. Members typically contribute $5 to $50 per membership. The amount is up to you.
- Renew during the month of July and receive the gift of a branded limited edition baseball cap with a membership contribution of $50 or more.
- Each year when you renew your membership, you will receive a coloured Membership Card to carry in your wallet.
- Present your current year SRA Membership Card to participating SRA partners to redeem their limited-time offers.
- Follow us on the SRA social media channels to find out about current limited-time promotions and special discounts available to SRA members who show their current Membership card.
Membership is important. Drawing strength as a community with a strong voice allows us to make our issues known to governments, public and private bodies, and allow us to influence decisions that impact our community. Be informed and get involved today!